North Carolina Solar Portfolio
103 MW Portfolio Located in North Carolina
North Carolina provides a favorable environment for solar energy development and Community Energy has developed over 28 projects in the state. Many of the projects were designed to be compatible within the existing community and its structures (like a neighboring elementary school).
Projects in the North Carolina Solar Portfolio Include:
- Arba, Greene County, 1.99 MW
- Bethel, Pitt County, 4 MW
- Beulaville, Duplin County, 1.99 MW
- Castalia, Nash County, 1.99 MW
- East Wayne, Wayne County, 1.99 MW
- Faison, Duplin County, 1.99 MW
- Franklin and Franklin 2, Franklin County, 3.98 MW
- Franklinton, Orange County, 5 MW
- Garysburg, Northampton County, 5 MW
- Gaston, Northampton County, 5 MW
- Jakana, Martin County, 5 MW
- Kenansville, Duplin County, 1.99 MW
- Kinston, Lenoir County, 1.99 MW
- Lewiston, Bertie County, 5 MW
- Lillington, Harnett County, 5 MW
- Mt. Olive, Duplin County, 2 MW
- Pollocksville, Jones County, 5 MW
- Rose Hill / Dunn, Harnett County, 4 MW
- Seaboard, Duplin County, 5 MW
- Snow Hill 2, Greene County, 1.99 MW
- South Louisburg, Franklin County, 5 MW
- Tarboro, Edgecombe County, 5 MW
- Wallace, Duplin County, 1.99 MW
- Warsaw and Warsaw 2, Duplin County, 3.98 MW
- Williamston, Martin County, 5 MW
- Windsor, Bertie County, 5 MW
- Winton, Hertford County, 5 MW
- Woodland, Northampton County, 5 MW
Featured ProjectsView All Projects
Amazon Solar Farm – Eastern Shore
Amazon Solar Farm - Eastern Shore is a solar project on the Delmarva Peninsula supplying Amazon Web Services data centers under a long-term Power Purchase Agreement.
The Gateway Solar project was developed by Community Energy and acquired by Constellation, an Exelon company, for construction and operation.
North Carolina Solar Portfolio
The highlighted Dunn Solar, Rose Hill Solar & Franklin Solar projects are located in Dunn, NC, Rose Hill, NC and Louisburg, NC.
North Star Solar
The North Star Solar Project provides Xcel Energy with a cost-effective and efficient solution to meeting their 1.5 percent solar energy requirement in Minnesota.
The Butler Solar project originated through a competitive bid process announced by Georgia Power.
Amazon Solar Farm Virginia – Southampton
Amazon Solar Farm Virginia - Southampton is a solar project in Southampton County, Virginia supplying Amazon Web Services data centers under a long-term Power Purchase Agreement.
The Comanche Solar project was selected by Xcel Energy through a competitive bid process to supply the majority of its solar generation portfolio in Colorado.
The Clarkson Solar project is hosted on land owned by Clarkson University, which also purchases the power through a long-term PPA.
Elizabethtown College Solar
The Elizabethtown College Solar project delivers its power to Elizabethtown College and is a hands-on educational tool for undergraduate students at the College.
Keystone Solar is one of the first and largest customer driven utility-scale solar projects in PA.
Lafayette Solar Gardens
The Lafayette Solar Gardens are located in Lafayette, Colorado. These projects were the result of a cooperative effort between Community Energy and the City of Lafayette.
New Jersey Solar Portfolio
The highlighted West Pemberton Solar and Jacobstown Solar projects are a total size of 28 MW (AC) located in Burlington and Warren County, NJ.
The Sterling Solar and Berkley East Solar projects supply power to two local municipal electric utilities in Massachusetts.
Marion County Solar
The Marion County Solar project is located on an industrial site in Indianapolis and supplies power to Citizens Energy Group and Indiana Power & Light.
Lake County Solar
Lake County Solar is located on an industrial site in Northern Indiana and supplies NIPSCO.
West Vineland and North Vineland Solar facilities supply energy to the Vineland Municipal Electric Utility (VMEU).