Community Energy has developed and financed 2.6 GW of renewable energy projects across the country, including 1.9 GW of solar power. Community Energy anticipates, originates and develops competitively advantaged solar plus storage projects and has been a leading renewable energy developer for over 20 years, developing many of the first and largest wind and solar projects in the United States. Community Energy has offices in Radnor, PA and Boulder, CO.
We are looking to add a member to our team in a dynamic role to support our project development, construction, and operations management. This role provides the opportunity to engage in the real-world implementation of cutting-edge, utility scale solar and storage projects across the United States.
What You’ll Do:
In this role you will support our market analysis for projects under development, assist with the construction-related elements of project transactions, and help strategically track and manage the performance of current assets and equipment inventories.
Project development responsibilities will include:
- Market analysis and prioritization, site identification and suitability analysis, land acquisition, site optimization and design support, grid interconnection, permitting, and sale of electricity.
Construction-related responsibilities will include:
- Developing and tracking contractor requests for proposals, evaluating bidder responses, tracking contractor agreements and change orders, tracking construction progress, and monitoring construction quality.
Asset management responsibilities will include:
- Tracking the performance of the Community Energy’s operating PV systems, leading efforts to maximize energy production yields, managing contractor service agreements and strategically managing equipment inventories and transactions.
The position is based in Community Energy’s Boulder, CO office and will require some travel.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Experience with solar energy and/or the energy industry
- Knowledge of electric utilities and/or markets
- Research, analytical and quantitative abilities
- Demonstrated interest and experience with energy and innovation
- Self-directed with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Diligent follow-through
- MS Excel (experience with macros a plus, not required)
- GIS experience – e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth preferred but not required
- Electrical Engineering and/or Interconnection Experience preferred but not required
- Hunger and excitement to dig in, problem solve, and deliver results
Community Energy Core Values:
- Relationships are Paramount: Community Energy is seeking someone whose natural instinct is to intimately in the most personable, honest, compassionate, direct way possible, manage to the individual relationship.
- Sense of Urgency: To us, sense of urgency means having a strong bias for action, as well as agility.
- Wearing it Deeply: A common phrase that we use is, “think like an owner.” In a literal sense, this means making investment decisions as though it were your own money and wearing the weight of decisions within your sphere of accountability as opposed to passing the buck to someone else.
- Greater Good: We are seeking a team player who does not make decisions based on ego and who focuses on the right thing to do for the company and the mission.
- Persist and Solve: Our success has stemmed from people who embody a can-do attitude that is married with a dedication to forging solutions. Our belief is that to succeed as a project developer, our employees must be persistent, resourceful, creative problem solvers who are laser focused on the most important priorities.
Base Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000 + bonus and annual incentive/ownership plan.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Our selection ultimately depends on finding the right person to join the team. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references, and verification of legal right to work in the U.S. Community Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email subject should read “Project Development & Asset Analyst”.