Community Energy, Inc. led early deployment of utility-scale wind and solar power over the last two decades, playing a leading role in commercializing these technologies at scale with two gigawatts of renewable energy power projects across the country. Community Energy is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania with offices in Boulder, Colorado, and Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Community Energy is seeking to add a member to our team in a dynamic role. You will be leading our efforts in select markets around the U.S. (primarily Southeast U.S.) to acquire land rights (long term leases or purchase options) to support development of utility scale solar (and solar + storage) projects. You will lead our efforts to establish local relationships with the many stakeholders of each project (e.g. neighbors, community members, county leaders/staff, utility staff, politicians, local consultants, etc.
This role is very dependent on good relationship and trust building, negotiation skills, and collaborative/creative problem solving.
There is significant room for growth in the expanding field of clean energy.
- Experience with land acquisition for development projects (ideally energy related and some solar)
- Strong relationship building skills
- An appreciation and joy for dealing with landowners, and all people
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Negotiation Experience
- Experience with project development, including zoning/permitting (a plus, not required)
- Experience with electrical utilities (a plus, not required)
- Team player with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
Please email cover letter and resumé to careers@CommunityEnergyInc.com.
Email subject should read “Land & Community Representative (Utility Scale Solar – Southeast U.S.)”.
Determined compensation will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Our selection ultimately depends on finding the right person to join the team. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references and verification of legal right to work in the U.S. Community Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.