Community Energy has developed and financed 2.6 GW of renewable energy projects across the country, including 1.9 GW of solar power. Community Energy anticipates, originates and develops competitively advantaged solar plus storage projects and has been a leading renewable energy developer for over 20 years, developing many of the first and largest wind and solar projects in the United States. Community Energy has offices in Radnor, PA and Boulder, CO.
CE is currently seeking candidates for an Executive Vice President, Development. The position will be based in our Radnor, PA office (remote work may be considered).
- Manage the Development Team to deliver construction-ready solar plus storage projects across the U.S.
- Prioritize Development Team resources to advance projects, maximize profitability and minimize risk, in pursuit of Company goals.
- Seat on the Leadership team to help shape direction of the business
Responsibilities of the Position
- Lead and manage a 30 person, best-in-class development team to:
- Acquire Land
- Obtain permits
- Secure low-cost interconnection
- Deliver low-cost EPC
- Make spending decisions
Candidates are required to possess the Following:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in energy development
- Minimum 5 years of management experience, including management of project developers
- Deep interest in people and helping them grow in their careers
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and facilitate swift, efficient communication between teams
- Above-average communication skills; including the ability to gather accurate information; present information succinctly; and answer employees’ inquiries clearly and with warmth
- Above-average interpersonal skills, necessary for interviewing, communicating with, and welcoming prospective employees and co-workers and for employee relations tasks
Core Values of the Employee Include:
Relationships are Paramount
Community Energy is seeking someone whose natural instinct is to intimately manage to the individual relationship in the most personable, honest, compassionate, direct way possible.
Sense of Urgency
To us, sense of urgency means having a strong bias for action, as well as agility. More often than not, we win because of speed-to-market and execution. To make this sense of urgency effective, we must be hyper efficient with our time and ruthlessly prioritize.
Wearing it Deeply
A common phrase that we use is, “think like an owner.” In a literal sense, this means making investment decisions as though it were your own money and wearing the weight of decisions within your sphere of accountability as opposed to passing the buck to someone else.
We are seeking a team player who does not make decisions based on ego and who focuses on the right thing to do for the company and the mission.
Persist and Solve
Our success has stemmed from people who embody a can-do attitude that is married with a dedication to forging solutions. Our belief is that to succeed as a project developer, our employees must be persistent, resourceful, creative problem-solvers who are laser focused on the most important priorities.
Preference May be given to Candidates who Possess the Following:
- Experience permitting utility scale solar or wind projects
- Experience working at an entrepreneurial, high-growth company or team
Additionally, we seek candidates who are flexible, enthusiastic, energetic, able to prioritize efficiently, take responsibility and initiative, have demonstrated career focus and a passion for excellence, and who are looking to be part of a rapidly growing, hard-working, good-humored team of individuals.
Salary is commensurate with experience and generous bonus potential is offered.
All offers of employment are contingent upon verification of legal right to work in the US. Community Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com.
Email subject should read “EVP, Development”.